Senior DevOps Engineer
Proven DevOps engineer with two decades’ experience deploying and managing multi-platform environments at both start-up and Fortune 500 organizations.
DevOps Engineer familiar with SDLC, Agile Methodology. Continuous Deployment/Delivery, and Infrastructure as Code (Terraform).
Building large-scale production services on AWS over 6 years. Extensive expertise with EC2, S3, IAM, RDS, Route 53, Cloudwatch, Athena and more.
Over 10 years' Big Data experience with Hadoop and Hive. Production ETL experience with custom code, AWS Kinesis and Lambda.
Excellent documentation, written and verbal communication skills. Eager to work cross-functionally to implement creative and cost-effective solutions.
I bring over two decades’ experience in software deployment, CI/CD, cloud, devops and system administration.
Proven data engineer with two decades’ experience deploying and managing multi-platform environments at both start-up and Fortune 500 organizations.
- Boulder Creek, California
- LinkedIn Profile
Senior Data Analyst
2021 – 2023
Similarweb, Inc, San Francisco, CA
- Supported 24×7, cloud-based data collection and analysis platform at high growth, digital intelligence organization
- Managed all facets of proprietary datafeed solution, including writing SQL queries, develop and modify PHP scripts, monitoring and KPI's.
- Used AWS Cost Explorer to monitor cloud spend, and implemented lifecycle policies to reduce costs.
- Infrastructure Jack of All Trades during transitional phase of the business. Covered a range of different technologies due to rapidly changing organization.
Senior Data Engineer
2020 – 2021
Embee Mobile, San Francisco, CA
- Spearheaded migration of the former company's entire platform (big data, RDBMS, IoT, storage and supporting infrastructure) between clouds. This was achieved on schedule and with no downtime.
- Query data in Athena, Apache hive and RDBMS to provide customer insights and internal performance metrics.
- Manage partnership with key customer R&D team to foster collaborative relationship and evolve the data collection capabilities.
- Provided data analysis across the stack (device, network, server) to provide answers to complex customer questions about performance metrics.
Professional Experience (cont'd)
Senior Devops Engineer
2015 – 2020
The Nielsen Company, San Francisco, CA
- Migrate analysis and reporting from Oracle RDMS to Apache Hive, while monitoring, tuning, and troubleshooting Cloudera and Hortonworks clusters.
- Reduce one day’s manual effort into one hour by automating provisioning script to move open-source geolocation database from on-premise data center to AWS Cloud.
- Slash trouble tickets 80%, promoting communication with end users to identify easy, internal fixes and providing best practice documentation. Improved related Hadoop cluster performance.
- Save organization dollars by galvanizing solution to provide consistent video-streaming performance nationwide, meeting goal of finding cost effective host for streaming video content. Used AWS Cloudfront, S3, and Route 53.
Senior Operations Engineer
2011 – 2015
Carrier IQ, Inc., Sunnyvale, CA
- Supported network infrastructure and application stack to continuously ingest metrics from millions of mobile devices.
- Deployed and managed data center infrastructure including F5 load balancers, firewalls, IPS, 802.1x authentication, and x509 certificate management.
- Spearheaded network implementation for migration of more than 200 servers to new data center. Created plans for every host, switch port, and subnet of 200+ physical servers, plus firewalls, load balancers, routers, and switches.
- Improved security and streamlined network administration by implementing TACACS+, a standard network authentication protocol across data center, headquarters, and remote office networks.
Senior Unix System Administrator
2009 – 2011
Nokia Research Center, Palo Alto, CA
- Designed, built, and supported global computing and web infrastructure of advanced research department.
- Deployed solutions on dedicated hardware on virtualization platforms including VMware, OpenVZ, Proxmox, and Xen.
- Managed 200TB storage deployment on commodity hardware with Open Solaris and HDS SAN. Supported 120-node, 500TB Linux compute cluster, providing internal and external data source analysis.
- Drove private cloud deployments in effort to provide self-service portal to researchers.
The contact form below is not functional (maybe in the future). If you wish to get in touch with me, please reach me on LinkedIn.
This web page is based on the Lonely free Bootstrap template from BootstrapMade.
Boulder Creek, CA